[KDE4] what component does the screenlocking?

Kai Uwe Broulik kde at privat.broulik.de
Sat Mar 4 09:55:50 UTC 2017

> Was it also decided by popular vote that locking should no longer be optional (I cannot find an option to turn it off)?
‎
You can disable automatic locking in System Settings -> Workspace Behavior -> Lock Screen‎

> is it possible to port that part to the KF5 kscreenlocker API

I doubt it. The lock screen is fully QML now and doesn't support any kind of .kss stuff. I don't know how it exactly works but if it's a separate window that is shown behind, it's not possible. Also, injecting its rendering into the QML scene would be difficulty. And then of course you could just write a Plasma wallpaper plugin that mimics the look of kklock. Creating an animated wallpaper with an analog clock takes 5 minutes. ‎

> and would that make any sense?‎

None whatsoever.