[KDE4] what component does the screenlocking?

René J. V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sat Mar 4 15:21:11 UTC 2017

Kai Uwe Broulik wrote:

> You can disable automatic locking in System Settings -> Workspace Behavior ->
> Lock Screen‎

I know, but the checkbox next to "ask password after" is gone so you can no
longer disable locking while keeping a screensaver feature. As if no one would
want to prevent screen burning-in yet keep the session unlocked.

> And then of course you could just write a
> Plasma wallpaper plugin that mimics the look of kklock. Creating an animated
> wallpaper with an analog clock takes 5 minutes. ‎

If you know QML, otherwise it'll probably take a bit longer.

>> and would that make any sense?‎
>
> None whatsoever.

OK. I don't know exactly what the KDE4 library is used for when you execute the
.kss as a standalone application but stripping code should be faster than
porting it.

R.