[KDE4] what component does the screenlocking?

René J. V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sat Mar 4 09:48:09 UTC 2017

Luca Beltrame wrote:

> Support for screensavers has been removed even in 4.x times when the new lock
> screen architecture was introduced.

? It's still there in 4.14 and not as the result of patching it back in (and I'm
running the most recent kde-workspace code).

> That said, the screenlocker IIRC supports Plasma packages for wallpapers, so,
> like the "video on lock screen" feature showcased in recent Plasma releases,
> you can probably mimic what you want (but I'll leave how to the experts).

That just means I'll stick to using xscreensaver when I finally move to a full
Plasma5 desktop.
Was it also decided by popular vote that locking should no longer be optional (I
cannot find an option to turn it off)?

The 2nd part of my question still stands: what about porting kclock.kss to KF5?
It currently depends on the KDE4 kscreenlocker library, is it possible to port
that part to the KF5 kscreenlocker API and would that make any sense?

R.