[Differential] [Updated, 42 lines] D3950: Try to fix "Pinned Chrome disappears when all Chrome windows are closed"

hein (Eike Hein) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Jan 6 13:52:37 UTC 2017

hein updated this revision to Diff 9797.
hein added a comment.

  After the original bug became actually reproducible (thanks to
  Roman for a tip - I needed multiple Chrome tabs to slow down
  its teardown) I was able to pinpoint the actual cause, see the
  updated summary and the code comment.

  Re the lack-of-symmetry complaint: The rowsAboutToBeRemoved
  connect is to the tree-shaped proxy because it allows for a
  speed optimization by ignoring group children, which is now
  even more worthwhile given the more coarse trigger. The
  second connect is to the filterProxyModel because the actual
  symmetry that's needed is to the model checked in
  filterAcceptsRow, which is the filterProxyModel as well. As
  previously explained proxy models fire rowsRemoved in response
  to their source model firing rowsAboutToBeRemoved, so when
  the grouping proxy (which is higher in the chain) fires
  rowsRemoved, the filter proxy still has the window, causing
  filterAcceptsRow not to allow the launcher to pass.

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace

CHANGES SINCE LAST UPDATE
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D3950?vs=9746&id=9797