D5428: Add option to disable hover effects.

Eike Hein noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Apr 13 16:35:29 UTC 2017

hein added a comment.

  I don't see VDG/UX input helping on this issue. We know there are working systems that behave in this way and are usability-tested. The VDG could only give an opinion on what it wants to see in Plasma by default, and this patch doesn't aim to change a default. It's an opt-in preference.

  And "or I would have to dispatch bugs to relevant people who orriginally did the commit" is exactly how it works in KDE.org, cf. "Common ownership" on manifesto.kde.org or any multi-developer project (such as Plasma itself) where different parts of the whole have different default assignees. Basically what I'm saying is that if I contribute this option to Breeze, I'm fine with being responsible for testing it in the future and checking that it keeps working correctly. I don't think "$codebase can only have code added that $maintainer needs/wants" scales well, and tenets like common ownership are designed to address the need to scale.

REPOSITORY
  R31 Breeze