D5405: Create desktop file name based on organization domain unless set explicitely

Andrius Štikonas noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Apr 12 16:53:06 UTC 2017

stikonas added a comment.

  In fact API documentation says explicitely that

  > IMPORTANT: if the organization domain is set, the .desktop file that describes your application should have an entry like X-DBUS-ServiceName=reversed_domain.kmyapp For instance kwrite passes "http://www.kate-editor.org" as the homePageAddress so it needs X-DBUS-ServiceName=org.kate-editor.kwrite in its kwrite.desktop file.

  So if I understand correctly current documentation is not consistent, one thing contradicts another. I'm not sure if it is good to keep inconsistent behaviour till KF6... Well, it would be nice to hear if anybody else have any ideas?

REPOSITORY
  R244 KCoreAddons