Minutes Monday Plasma Meeting

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Mon Oct 17 15:17:21 UTC 2016

Plasma Meeting 17th October, 2016, 12:00, via IRC

present: mgraesslin, notmart, romangg, bshah, kbroulik, d_ed, Riddell, Sho,
sebas

mgraesslin:
* send pointer events to all wl_pointer (D3016)
  Diff 3016 "[server] Send pointer events to all wl_pointer resources of a
client" [Closed] https://phabricator.kde.org/D3016
* Add api to get a KWayland::Client::ShellSurface from QWindow (D3018)
  Diff 3018 "[client] Add methods to get ShellSurface from a QWindow" [Closed]
https://phabricator.kde.org/D3018
* Implemented the generic window property in
KWayland::Server::QtSurfaceExtension (D3045)
  Diff 3045 "[server] Implement the generic window property in
QtSurfaceExtension" [Closed] https://phabricator.kde.org/D3045
* Protocol extension to pass icons from KWin to Plasma (D3049, D3050)
  Diff 3049 "Support passing generic QIcon through PlasmaWindow interface"
[Closed] https://phabricator.kde.org/D3049
  Diff 3050 "Use new PlasmaWindowInterface::setIcon" [Closed] https://
phabricator.kde.org/D3050
* Set color scheme X property in plasma-integration to support all windows and
don't restrict to Kstyle-based widget styles (D3044)
  Diff 3044 "Set color scheme X property in the X11Integration" [Closed]
https://phabricator.kde.org/D3044
* Support color schemes hint on Wayland through a generic window property
(D3046, D3047)
  Diff 3046 "Pass color scheme hint to Wayland compositor using window
property" [Closed] https://phabricator.kde.org/D3046
* Fix shortcut triggering with shift+letter on Wayland (D3015)
* window icon is set to generic wayland icon if we cannot find the desktop
file (D3023)
  Diff 3047 "Support custom color scheme for Wayland windows" [Closed]
https://phabricator.kde.org/D3047
* Fix glBlitFramebuffer for per-output rendering (D3056)
* Pass the current output geometry to ScreenPaintData (D3058)
  Diff 3015 "Fix shortcut triggering with shift+letter" [Closed] https://
phabricator.kde.org/D3015
* Make screenshot effect work with multiple output rendering (D3059)
  Diff 3023 "Set icon to wayland if desktop file is not found" [Closed]
https://phabricator.kde.org/D3023
  Diff 3056 "Fix glBlitFramebuffer for per-output rendering" [Closed] https://
phabricator.kde.org/D3056
  Diff 3058 "Pass the current output geometry to ScreenPaintData" [Closed]
https://phabricator.kde.org/D3058
  Diff 3059 "[effects] Make screenshot effect work with multiple output
rendering" [Closed] https://phabricator.kde.org/D3059
things not yet merged:
* move windows in widget style (D3019)
  Diff 3019 "[kstyle] Implement window moving on Wayland" [Needs Review]
https://phabricator.kde.org/D3019
* auto-hiding panels on Wayland (D3007, D3080)
  Diff 3007 "Add auto-hiding panel support to PlasmaShellSurface interface"
[Accepted] https://phabricator.kde.org/D3007
  Diff 3080 "Panel auto hide support for Wayland panels" [Needs Review]
https://phabricator.kde.org/D3080
* make Wayland panels take focus (D3035, D3036, D3037)
  Diff 3035 "Add request to have focus in a PlasmaShellSurface of Role Panel"
[Accepted] https://phabricator.kde.org/D3035
  Diff 3036 "Support forceActiveWindow for Panels" [Accepted] https://
phabricator.kde.org/D3036
* make KRunner a panel (D3038)
  Diff 3037 "Support docks which take input" [Accepted] https://
phabricator.kde.org/D3037
  Diff 3038 "[krunner] Make KRunner on Wayland a Panel" [Accepted] https://
phabricator.kde.org/D3038

notmart:
* another plasmashell multiscreen bugfix: fix when screen ids are bigger then
screen count
* fix "default" color scheme kcm setting everything black
* Wayland: Doalog implements shadows and moves itself with plasmashell
protocol, ugly hack in plasmashell to inject kwayland usage gone (as kwayland
is a framework now, so libplasma can optionally depend on it)
* triaging
* fixed svg wallpaper thumbnails
* support for panel size/offset/alignment in new javascript api
* kwayland support for Dialog (position and shadows) move from hack into
plasma-workspace to plasma-framework
** Kirigami2: continue with the Desktop theme QQC2
** prototype of scrollbars "looking desktop but not too much, working with
VDG" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTa2NBUxYVY
** components now themed:
** Button.qml
** CheckBox.qml
** CheckIndicator.qml
** Label.qml
** ProgressBar.qml
** RadioButton.qml
** RadioIndicator.qml
** ScrollBar.qml
** Slider.qml
** SwitchIndicator.qml
** Switch.qml
** TextField.qml

romangg:
- talks with vdg about a frame redesign of the taskbar tooltip (frames only)
- lockscreen/switchsession subpage improvements. already merged or already
accepted and about to merge
- many bug reports (in particular wayland stuff): https://goo.gl/HfeJhz
- fix for meta not closing launchers: https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/
129204/
- working on solving the issue raised by d_ed https://phabricator.kde.org/
D3079

bshah:
- work on boot.img to eliminate lxc stuff
- this week I would like to finish this boot.img stuff, meaning plain rootfs,
no container
- worked on panel autohide,  but it didn't reach anywhere.. (panel autohide)

kbroulik:
* I contacted KDE e.V. with the Plasma sprint, and they created a page for it:
https://reimbursements.kde.org/events/25
Should I make a wiki page with more infos? Unfortunately the reimbursements
page doesnt support line breaks in the description, making it a bit cluttered,
lol
* Friday was KDE 20th Birthday party in Karlsruhe, together with mgraesslin,
Sput, david_ka and others, was really nice evening :)
* Managed to use Qt 5.7's Global Menu stuff in our Platform Theme (by using
private Qt headers which we do in the QPT anyway)
* Just managed to get the window decoration menu button to work \o/ http://
wstaw.org/m/2016/10/17/Screenshot_20161017_120312.png
* Will start looking into a global menu applet soon-ish

d_ed:
* I fixed a nasty crash in KPackage::install
* and I've been working on SDDM this week. I've restored multi-seat
* spent a while debugging rootless Xorg which SDDM kind of want so they can
re-use the same code structure for wayland and X; I know what's wrong, but
fixing requries more restructuring

Riddell:
* 5.8.1 out last week, 5.8.2 out tomorrow
* next meeting in 30 mins 5.9 kickoff, agenda here https://share.kde.org/
public.php?service=documents&t=GlGpnbEVHvZmeIC

Sho:
* Held KDE birthday event in Seoul to great success, http://imgur.com/a/zB5Tu
& http://imgur.com/a/1w7sg
* Fixed Appdash showing in Task Manager by applying Dialog fix also to
dashboard window class
* Started research for Yakuake UI rewrite
* Meetings with employer in prep for Plasma 5.9 kickoff
* Currently investigating reported apparently serious Activity Pager crash
with Qt 5.7 + Plasma 5.8.1

sebas:
* kscreen bug triaging (mainly updating old reports, but also fixed a few new
ones)
* kscreen UI redesign: more overall porting of the old kcm codebase to QtQuick
* kscreen OSD rework: wayland-compatible rework of the OSDs, mostly works but
has some pretty big bugs that need investigating
* reviewed a ton of mgraesslin's patches

--
sebas

http://www.kde.org | http://vizZzion.org