[Differential] [Commented On] D3085: RFC: Use DBusMenu if available

broulik (Kai Uwe Broulik) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Oct 17 15:12:08 UTC 2016

broulik added a comment.

  It's not much code on our side because Qt has the code nowadays. :)

INLINE COMMENTS

> graesslin wrote in FindQt5PlatformSupport.cmake:1
> given that it has my copyright I assume you copied from kwin - that would be a reason to move it to ecm. We have two users.

+1 to that.

I had one issue regarding the include path, though, but I can't reproduce it anymore and I forgot what I actually did but the path I need is

  /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/QtPlatformSupport/5.7.0/QtPlatformSupport/

but I sometimes got

  /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/QtPlatformSupport/5.7.0/

but I'm sure we can figur that out.

> graesslin wrote in kdeplatformtheme.cpp:59
> can we really make that static? What about runtime changes?

That's what Qt does and I don't think Qt is equipped to re-create a platform menu at runtime; at least that's what I was told when I raised the very same concern in the upstream Qt codereview that added this.

We could perhaps do it for newly created menus but when the service becomes unavailable at runtime there's no way for us to re-create existing menus.

REPOSITORY
  rPLASMAINTEGRATION Integration for Qt applications in Plasma

EMAIL PREFERENCES