two exceptions for string freeze in Plasma

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Wed Mar 9 09:26:05 UTC 2016

On Tuesday, March 08, 2016 22:04:26 Luigi Toscano wrote:
> Sebastian Kügler ha scritto:

> >> Well, couldn't this be the right time to move away from the ambiguity and
> >> have precise names?
> >
> > No, we're happy with the names.
>
> Others won't be. And you also fixed other unrelated messages in khelpcenter
> (the name of some documents  without checking what they are about or without
> asking about how to rename them - can we do it  before changing those
> strings)?

Who is "others"?

In general, when criticizing, can you give concrete examples and provide
alternative solutions? I can't really address your concerns otherwise.

You're hinting that I broke something. Could you point out what? In my
testing, and when I checked, everything still worked and even made more sense,
with less wrong usage of the "KDE" brand. That's why the patches passed review
and have been pushed to master.

> The Gnome equivalent for khelpcenter is called yelp, not Help Center. Again:
> please reevaluate. Generic names are simply bad.

I think generic names are great because it's something the user can understand
without context. You're not actually supporting your own statements, I can't
reasonably work with that kind of criticism.

I'd like to address your feedback and come to a solution everyone is happy
with, but for that, please provide suggestions what to use instead, and don't
just point out "that's bad", because the previous naming was wrong, and the
current isn't (AFAICS), so it's not an option to just revert, I'd rather fix
it.

sebas

Sebastian Kügler    |    http://vizZzion.org    |     http://kde.org