From Grub to Shutdown project update

Jens Reuterberg jensreu at kolabnow.com
Mon Jul 25 11:17:27 UTC 2016

> As you walked me trough the design a bit before, I think the design is quite
> reasonable and feasible (i have doubts only on the semitransparent session
> switcher, it may have to be baked in the lockscreen for now instead, but
> those are just small details right now)

Yes added an alternative version of a session switcher using the lockscreen
wallpaper (in the mockup "stock blue") - as that is not in anyway a show
stopper and any thing that can help this get sorted by 5.8 is good. The main
thing is that you guys can expect us in the VDG to be VERY VERY flexible with
reworking mockups if that is needed for something to get it to work.

> now, one thing i would like to happen is people taking up a piece of it, of
> the thing they are more versed into (being sddm, the lockscreen, whatever)
> signal here they are going to work on it, and have the pieces of the puzzle
> then merged in master asap so they can run some months on devel machines to
> be ironed out before release.

That would be awesome. My goal is to have this implemented for 5.8 come what
may and will be happy to focus hard on whatever is needed for the design
personally