Is it possible for a plasmoid to overlap the panel?

Michail Vοurlakos mvourlakos at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 21:13:08 UTC 2016

Στις Τετάρτη, 20 Ιουλίου 2016 10:34:01 Μ.Μ. EEST Marco Martin έγραψε:
> On Wednesday 20 July 2016 15:39:36 Ken Vermette wrote:
> > One thing that I (kind of) pitched during a sprint, I'll mention it here
> > for discussion;
> >
> > What if we created a new class of widget called a "dock widget".
>
> yes we have them... they are called "panels", really :p
>
> you can write a widget that is completely standalone and is loaded as a
> panel (not *in* a panel, *as* a panel), which doesn't have to worry about
> having a layout of widgets or anything.
> just, nobody bothered to do it

Could you please give me a hint is this please?
Would this need Qt - C++ way of implementing, not just QML?
(not an issue in this case but I would like to see some code)

You are describing actually a panel of one plasmoid right?
What would be the benefits, instead of just adding a classic panel with
one plasmoid in it?

michail