Is it possible for a plasmoid to overlap the panel?

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 20:37:52 UTC 2016

On Wednesday 20 July 2016 22:20:10 Michail Vοurlakos wrote:
> > you would need to have a very big panel,  mostly completely transparent
> > (so
>
> - a very big panel in order for the height to make the animation right?

yes

> > it means you couldn't use always visible mode, and you depend from having
> > composite)
>
> - "Always visible" in that case I dont think is a necessity... But playing
> around with these docks, an option for panel to be just "Below Active" do
> you think that it would be very difficult to add in Plasma?

what is "beyond active"?

> > what the panel on our side would need to do, is not to draw its background
> > in that case, basically just respect the background hints, just like
> > applets do.
>
> You dont mean for all the panels right? Just the one that needs that
> specific case? That would be perfect, actually...

what would happen is that just like plasmoids, the panel would export that it
doesn't want a standard background, the panel view then would disable
background, shadow and blur behind (limitation would be that you couldn't have
a blur behind with another shape/size, you would have to just disable it)

--
Marco Martin