Is it possible for a plasmoid to overlap the panel?

Michail Vοurlakos mvourlakos at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 21:03:26 UTC 2016

> > > it means you couldn't use always visible mode, and you depend from
> > > having
> > > composite)
> >
> > - "Always visible" in that case I dont think is a necessity... But playing
> > around with these docks, an option for panel to be just "Below Active" do
> > you think that it would be very difficult to add in Plasma?
>
> what is "beyond active"?

"Beyond Active" - The panel is hidden only when overlaps with the active
window
e.g. if you have an inactive window that does overlap with the panel, the
panel is shown, but if that window becomes active then the panel is hidden
behind it

> > > what the panel on our side would need to do, is not to draw its
> > > background
> > > in that case, basically just respect the background hints, just like
> > > applets do.
> >
> > You dont mean for all the panels right? Just the one that needs that
> > specific case? That would be perfect, actually...
>
> what would happen is that just like plasmoids, the panel would export that
> it doesn't want a standard background, the panel view then would disable
> background, shadow and blur behind

No problem at all...
in order to add plasmoids in this panel when we are in unlocked state, would
its (settings buttons, etc. ) be shown correctly?

michail