Is it possible for a plasmoid to overlap the panel?

Michail Vοurlakos mvourlakos at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 19:20:10 UTC 2016

Στις Τετάρτη, 20 Ιουλίου 2016 8:53:03 Μ.Μ. EEST Marco Martin έγραψε:
> On Wednesday 20 July 2016 21:15:33 Michail Vοurlakos wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am trying to implement a plasmoid task manager that behaves
> > like the Mac or the Plank one..
> > the code can be found here: https://github.com/psifidotos/plasmaqmldock[1]
> > it is in a very early stage but the animation is there and showing
> > and hiding windows also...
>
> I tought about an use case like that in the past...
>
> you would need to have a very big panel,  mostly completely transparent (so
- a very big panel in order for the height to make the animation right?

> it means you couldn't use always visible mode, and you depend from having
> composite)
- "Always visible" in that case I dont think is a necessity... But playing around with these
docks, an option for panel to be just "Below Active" do you think that it would be very
difficult to add in Plasma?

> but for 3rd party things may be ok-ish.

By using the Glassified theme I took the following screenshot...
http://imgur.com/a/ncaRl[1]

> what the panel on our side would need to do, is not to draw its background
> in that case, basically just respect the background hints, just like
> applets do.
You dont mean for all the panels right? Just the one that needs that specific case? That
would be perfect, actually...

> I am thinking to add that never the less in 5.8, wouldn't
> change for the default one, but could be a little fun quirky possibility
> for kdelook stuff
I agree... More like an option to show things....
In qml this dock behaviour is so small in code that is a little bit shoking...

thanks a lot for the interest!!!

michail

--------
[1] http://imgur.com/a/ncaRl