Is it possible for a plasmoid to overlap the panel?

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 18:53:03 UTC 2016

On Wednesday 20 July 2016 21:15:33 Michail Vοurlakos wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to implement a plasmoid task manager that behaves
> like the Mac or the Plank one..
> the code can be found here: https://github.com/psifidotos/plasmaqmldock[1]
> it is in a very early stage but the animation is there and showing
> and hiding windows also...

I tought about an use case like that in the past...

you would need to have a very big panel, mostly completely transparent (so it
means you couldn't use always visible mode, and you depend from having
composite)
but for 3rd party things may be ok-ish.

what the panel on our side would need to do, is not to draw its background in
that case, basically just respect the background hints, just like applets do.
I am thinking to add that never the less in 5.8, wouldn't change for the
default one, but could be a little fun quirky possibility for kdelook stuff

--
Marco Martin