some feedback from a mobile application development team

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 13:51:40 UTC 2016

On Wednesday 06 January 2016, Thomas Pfeiffer wrote:
> Another thing I want to see changed in our components, though is the
> actual  dragging interaction with the FAB. Currently one has to drag it
> pretty far to open a drawer, which defeats the whole "Not having to
> stretch your thumb to a corner" advantage and currently indeed makes it
> rather clunky to use.

I modified it to take the speed of movement into account, now is quite trigger
happy (maybe even too much, but can be tweaked until satisfying)

As a generic feedback on the action button, one thing i find is that is very
convenient for me to use it to drag to the left opening the right panel, but
not much dragging it to the right opening the left panel, and on the other way
around when holdng with the left hand (oddly even being right handed i find
myself using the phone with only left hand quite often, probably to have the
right hand free do do something else)

--
Marco Martin