some feedback from a mobile application development team

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 10:58:30 UTC 2016

On Tuesday 05 January 2016, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I just subscribed so please bear with me if I'm going over things that
> have been discussed.

Welcome aboard Dirk!

> The Subsurface team would love to see an option to cleanly disable the
> action button in the MobileComponents.
>
> I will talk to Sebastian about synching our code base with upstream again
> and hope that I can help contribute to the upstream project.

One thing I would love to see, is the components downloaded and built at setup
time (like if i understood correctly is happening with Marble right now)
at the moment, they are just embedded in a big qrc, that was good as a proof
of concept, but i would really like it to be done more "properly" (also
because for this reason i refrained so far in doing C++ based components, but
i may need to add a couple of classes in a proper import plugin.. this hoping
it doesn't make things too difficult in Android)
It's all learning from one another i guess, since on the deploy on android
side we are still learning

--
Marco Martin