Selecting a Plasma logo

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Fri Dec 9 00:43:28 UTC 2016

On Wednesday, December 7, 2016 8:58:34 PM UTC Martin Gräßlin wrote:
> Personally I find it important that the developers have a say in what
> the logo is. I think we identify by it and the logo needs to work with
> us.

We did have a say, more than one (on the forums, we had the logo's posted for
feedback on the wiki,  , and neither process has delivered a firm decision
when we got to make it. Let's admit defeat on this process and move on. Let's
also accept that aside from potential technical issues (which I think there
are none deal-breaking), that the choice of a logo boils down to sentimental
value, and being able to identify one's work and effort with the logo. To me
personally, I can connect quite well to the current-de-facto-temporary logo.

I think at this point, it's entirely fair to those who are most affected by
the lack of a clear branding (mainly our logo) to say "Look guys, you had
months to come to a decision, you haven't, we're now moving on with this.".
--
sebas

Sebastian Kügler    •    http://vizZzion.orghttp://www.kde.org