Selecting a Plasma logo

Ken Vermette vermette at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 20:51:39 UTC 2016

I think this is likely the best and most expedient idea. Just list all the
potential logotypes and have everyone score every logo on a scale.
Whichever logo has the highest score becomes the Plasma logo. If there's a
tie the VDG serves as tiebreaker.

If everyone is O.K. with something like Google Forms (for this one-time
selection) I could have something up very quickly... Unless we already have
some very fast-and-easy internal form tool. I know some people have a thing
against Google, but it's the fastest way I can think of, it has
anti-favoritism feature (question shuffling) and we need to just get this
done without making it overcomplicated. We can also require email addresses
(but not require Google accounts) to verify people have only voted one time.

Here's my proposal: we get a form up tomorrow, put it on plasma-devel
mailing lists. We set the voting deadline to December 23rd midnight, giving
the vote just over two weeks. That gives us a time to commit the new logo
to Plasma 5.9 before freeze, and for those of us who celebrate the holidays
in December we can announce the new logo as a "Present" on Planet KDE.

Does that sound like a plan?