Selecting a Plasma logo

Martin Gräßlin mgraesslin at kde.org
Wed Dec 7 19:58:34 UTC 2016

Am 2016-12-07 18:04, schrieb Marco Martin:
> Hi Jens,
> Thanks to make this rolling again!
> and yes, is massively about time to decide something
>
> On Wednesday 07 December 2016 13:58:34 Jens Reuterberg wrote:
>> #1 means that we with a high level of chance will go to the Plasma
>> logo we
>> had before this started. There is zero criticism against it that has
>> been
>> valid except that the developers who didn't like it in the first place
>> didn't like it. Which is relevant of course.
>
> I would be fine with that logo
>
>> Unless something is posted here my assumption is that the design
>> decision is
>> up to the KDE Design Group/VDG and we will choose, reply and move on
>> with
>> this and our lives.
>
> As the current status goes, for me the best one is Uri's logo (I prefer
> if is
> always used monochrome tough)

I think there were a few issues with the selection process. I remember
that it was very difficult to say which ones were up to discussion (the
second version of the version provided by foo).

And that made it really hard.

Maybe go back a step and create a questionaire with all the icons and
let the devs vote on it in a from 1 to 5 scale to figure out which ones
are liked and which ones not.

Personally I find it important that the developers have a say in what
the logo is. I think we identify by it and the logo needs to work with
us.

Cheers
Martin