Selecting a Plasma logo

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 11:33:55 UTC 2016

On Monday 22 August 2016, Thomas Pfeiffer wrote:
> As per the Plasma team's request, I have now created a Wiki page with all
> submissions as presented in the forum, and - where available - how they
> would look in a Panel.
> You can find that page here:
> https://community.kde.org/KDE_Visual_Design_Group/Plasma_Logo_Contest
> Each submission now has a number which should be referenced in the
> discussion. It would be even nicer to have a completely standardized
> presentation, but none of us had the combination of time and skills
> necessary to create that. I hope this helps, anyway.

I'll give a quick feedback on each one of them
1: i find it a bit too generic, with the > iside is better, but a gear reminds
me too much of "options", "configure" or stuff like that
2: as I said before, the concept is neat but is really too generic, can't
really get behind this one as is now
3: don't like it, sorry :/
4: surprisingly all in all, is probably still the one that i like more as-is
(I still find it an issue of looking like 4 disjointed things)
5: missing from wiki, i like it but may be a bit too complicated (and reminds
me the konqueror icon)
6: probably the best one as is now
7: missing from wiki, don't like it much
8: better than 2, but as is now, i find a bit disturbing that the outline of
the planet and the > have very different weights (so makes it obvious that's 2
things patched up), if the > was as slim as the outline, we could have a
winner there
9: missing from wiki, don't like it much
10: looks like it was 1, but with a rendering glitch :/
11: don't like it much, has the same problems as a gear has, but even more
complicated, looking disjointed
12: don't like it, sorry :/
13: don't like it, sorry :/

--