RFC: Disable DrKonqi

Kai Uwe Broulik kde at privat.broulik.de
Mon Nov 16 10:26:27 UTC 2015

Hi,

You do get an annoying "app is no longer working" window with (sometimes) options to wait longer or send a report.

Let's have a look at what others do:
- iOS: just dumps you to the home screen
- Windows RT: dumps you to the home screen‎, its guidelines explicitly even say: do not annoy the user with error messages, if something terrible happens just exit, this way the user could immediately resume with his other tasks and restart the app manually if he wants to
- BlackBerry 10: just dumps you to the home screen
- OS X: App closes, you get a dialog box saying the app crashed

Also Ubuntu's app crash thingie just shows a (useless) passive notification saying that something has crashed, now or earlier.

+1 from me. Have the app restart and show a passive notification with an option to bring up Dr Konqi with backtrace and opportunity to file a bug. For instance, Plasma restarts so fast here I usually just see the panel flickering briefly if it crashes. I wouldn't notice if Dr Konqi didn't tell me :)

Cheers,
Kai Uwe