plasma wallpapers

Jens Reuterberg jens at ohyran.se
Thu Mar 12 12:53:13 UTC 2015

Well just as a suggestion can't we post something like "please
remember to check your local laws concerning official
buildings and people" and then IF someone hands over an
image of an official building then we can ask them.

I mean there's no point burning the house down to protect it
from burglars is there?

Klapetek wrote:
> > >    However do you know how it is with property licenses
when used as
> > >    backgrounds?
> >
> > It varies by country, sensible countries make sure that
photos of
> > public buildings are not restricted by copyright.  Both the
UK and the
> > US are sensible countries in this regard.
> >
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_panorama
>
> That is not true, for example Trafalgar Square or Parliament
Square
> in London that are not private tourist photos _must_ have a
property
> release before using it commercially. And there are many
such buildings
> or landmarks in US and everywhere else too.
>
> > >    Same goes with children or any person on photos,
> > >    there you need "model release" (ie. the person's
signature that

> > his/her
> >
> > >    photo
> > >    can be used for various purposes).
> >
> > Personality rights for people modelling is only a US
concept, sensible
> > countries have no such restrictions.
>
> That is also not true and it's more complicated. Basically,
taking a picture
> on the public space/street should be safe, but as soon as the
person (and
> especially children) are the main object of the photos, you do
need to have
> a license to use those in a non-private way.
>
> All I'm saying is, better stay safe (licensing Golden Gate
Bridge for