AccountsService qt binding for sddm, plasma-workspace screenlocker greeter and plasma-desktop kickoff face icon, config by advanced useraccount

Pier Luigi Fiorini pierluigi.fiorini at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 06:04:49 UTC 2015

> Hey, sorry for not replying.
>
> 5.4 is being frozen soon, so lets consider this 5.5 material, so we don't
> have to rush.
>
> In general, I like it, I have some comments.
>
> I'm a bit concerned by the blocking calls in AccountsService here:
> https://github.com/hawaii-desktop/qtaccountsservice/blob/master/src/accountsservice/accountsmanager.cpp#L107
>
> That has the potential to lock up the entire plasma workspace session; which
> obviously isn't ideal.
> Blocking calls are a problem if we can't rely on the remote service /always/
> behaving.

This is being fixed now. cacheUser() is using the pending call watcher
and emit a signal userCached() when it's done.
Probably more methods need a watcher though.

BTW The library has now unit tests and CI.

In case someone is interested, here's a link to the API review task:
https://github.com/hawaii-desktop/qtaccountsservice/issues/7