baloo monitor visibility

Andrew Lake jamboarder at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 16:00:17 UTC 2015

It seems this desktop search monitor fits squarely into the "powerful when
needed" bucket. In that sense I don't think it is necessary to expose it
through any of the primary search interfaces (Alt-F2 or application menu).
That doesn't mean it should be completely hidden away since when it is
actually needed, it shouldn't be difficult to find.

I'm thinking perhaps we fold it into Search kcm as an indication of the
status of the search system. It could be helpful there if the user wants to
make a change to the search settings based on that information. I think we
should still do the plasmoid for the instances where the user might like to
do some long term monitoring. I'd suggest providing a way to access the
Search kcm from the plasmoid in case that user would like to make some
changes based on what they're seeing.

That's my 2c. Hope it helps,
Andrew