baloo monitor visibility

Vishesh Handa me at vhanda.in
Sat Jul 18 11:04:38 UTC 2015

On Fri, Jul 17, 2015 at 6:00 PM, Andrew Lake <jamboarder at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm thinking perhaps we fold it into Search kcm as an indication of the
> status of the search system. It could be helpful there if the user wants to
> make a change to the search settings based on that information. I think we
> should still do the plasmoid for the instances where the user might like to
> do some long term monitoring. I'd suggest providing a way to access the
> Search kcm from the plasmoid in case that user would like to make some
> changes based on what they're seeing.

I was hoping to get it into KInfoCenter, and maybe have a way to
launch that from the KCM.

If we ship the application "Baloo Monitor" then it makes "Baloo" a
visible name, which is something we have tried to avoid doing so far.
We could ship it without the desktop file, and then make it a very
power user feature, just like the 'balooctl', 'baloosearch' and
'balooshow' tools.

--
Vishesh Handa