Noto fonts screw my system, please stop forcing fonts upon me!

Eike Hein hein at kde.org
Fri Dec 18 00:55:56 UTC 2015

On 12/18/2015 01:34 AM, Mark Gaiser wrote:
> Ohh just stop it!
> You're going into technical implementation details of a specification
> (SVG in this case).

Nope, I didn't. I'm saying this particular SVG (authored as such
by someone) doesn't match the result you get when you throw the
font data and CSS/Qt line height defaults together.

And no, I won't "stop it". This is a -devel list. We talk
engineering here.

> That's it, end of discussion.

I've shown you screenshots of Chrome and Qt compared to that SVG.

Let's vet this against a completely different font stack to make
sure what you're seeing on my shots is expected or not.

So here's Windows 10:

http://i.imgur.com/HeK4GbB.png

Comparing my Linux shots to the Windows shot I'll leave to you.

And yeah, EOD indeed.

Cheers,
Sike