Breeze-icons and Plasma Breeze-theme-icons

kainz.a kainz.a at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 23:58:41 UTC 2015

Hi,

I'm one of the Breeze icon designer (e.o. made Breeze for LibreOffice) and
for the plasma 5.5 release cycle I'd like to work on app specific breeze
icons as written in my blog post (
https://kdeonlinux.wordpress.com/2015/08/07/breeze-icons-in-plasma-5-4-and-future-work/).
So for the next month I will contact a lot of app dev's and ask if I can
make some breeze icons :-)

Plasma is not an app but has there own icons for the Breeze and Breeze-Dark
plasma theme. Some of my colleagues work on your Breeze Plasma icons.

The Problem:
Some plasmoids use Breeze-icons and some Plasma Breeze-theme-icons. No
problem if the Icons are all according to the HIG's (
https://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Usability/HIG/IconDesign). What we saw as
an problem was that sometimes the icons are used in a "wrong" way. So that
for example monochrome toolbar icons (22px) are used for plasmoid icons
(128px) and then we have an visual break.

The Question:
Breeze-icons offers icons for the kde applications not for Plasma since
now. But Plasmoid developers use the Breeze-icons for there plasmoids as
kde app dev's use the icons from the icon set. Who is response to make e.o.
new icons or that the dev's use the icons in the right way? Where is the
break between breeze-icons and Plasma breeze-theme-icons? Or should we
bring them together?

In German I would say: Zu mir oder zu dir, das ist hier die Frage.

As most icons are in Breeze-icons and only a few are in Plasma
Breeze-theme-icons I would say Breeze-icons but there could be also
technical reasons and of course if the plasmoid icons are in Plasma it is
less work for me ;-)

cheers
Andreas_K