Plasma Mobile Vision, intended personas & meeting notes

Andrew Lake jamboarder at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 13:16:38 UTC 2015

Ten thumbs up! (just need 4 more people to get to ten thumbs)

So exciting,
Andrew

On Mon, Aug 10, 2015, 1:01 PM Jens Reuterberg

wrote:

PRESENT: Ivan, Sebas, Thomas and Jens

MEETING GOAL:
write up a vision statement for Plasma Mobile and talk about the early work
of
the Plasma Mobile HIG and design goals.

The vision we ended with, after much debate of different wordings, what
should
and shouldn't be included in a vision statement was

VISION STATEMENT:
"Plasma Mobile aims to become a complete software system for mobile devices.
It is designed to give privacy-aware users back the full-control over their
information and communication. Plasma Mobile takes a pragmatic approach and
is
inclusive to 3rd party software, allowing the user to choose which
applications and services to use. It provides a seamless experience across
multiple devices.
Plasma Mobile implements open standards, and -- unlike Android -- it is
developed in a transparent process that is open for the community to
participate in."

NOTES ON VISION STATEMENT:
We wanted the vision statement to reflect not the projects current position
but our future goals in full. A system for actual users with a focus on
privacy, control of information and your own system and working in the open
as
a community using open source.
We also included information about our pragmatism and how the phone intends
be easily adaptable to different apps from other eco-systems and also our
intent to make it a pairing with desktops.

PERSONAS:
We also talked about future Personas that we want to work towards when
creating user stories and scenarios and settled fairly quickly on Berna (the
office worker) and Susan (the recreational user).   (1)

DESIGN NOTES:
Further notes of interest during the meeting where a few bullet points
concerning future design goals for individual apps which will reach the HIG
in
the end
1) All applications should be private by default - no sending data in the
default configuration, must not phone home
2) Applications should try to include security and control of info. Should
be
apparent not hidden. This is not an excuse for geeky "design".
3) Applications should always aim for integration between devices, for
example
using kdeconnect

FUTURE COMMUNICATION:
We also brainstormed on communication taglines for the project that will be
narrowed down further as time goes by (and should probably be a case for the
KDE Promo team) - centering mostly on user self control over his or her
information and communication but also communication ideas concerning
pragmatism.

"Pragmatic to the bone"
"Think Similar"
"This is your phone, no one elses"
"Plasma's Satellite"
"Your phone. Your stuff. Your Plasma Mobile."
"Plasma Mobile. Yours."
"Yours"
"For your eyes only."
"Yours truly."