Plasma Mobile Vision, intended personas & meeting notes

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Thu Aug 13 10:44:03 UTC 2015

So it seems the general consensus is that it's good, there were only different
opinions about the "unlike Android" bit, so I've removed that now. Thomas is
right that this doesn't warrant different versions around, and I'd rather have
one clear statement which is generally agreed on than different versions.
Also, I don't think the "unlike Android" qualification is all that important,
so let's just scratch it.

We want to finalize this and move on and build on it, so please have another
look over it, check if everything's OK, if the wording should be fixed
somewhere, and so on.

This is what stands right now:

On Monday, August 10, 2015 22:00:59 Jens Reuterberg wrote:
> VISION STATEMENT:
> "Plasma Mobile aims to become a complete software system for mobile
> devices.  It is designed to give privacy-aware users back the full-control
> over their information and communication. Plasma Mobile takes a pragmatic
> approach and is inclusive to 3rd party software, allowing the user to
> choose which applications and services to use. It provides a seamless
> experience across multiple devices.
> Plasma Mobile implements open standards, and it is
> developed in a transparent process that is open for the community to
> participate in."

If it's OK with everybody let's declare it "final for the time being" (we can
always decide to change it in the future of course), and move on to things
like personas, HIG, etc., tasks which depend on having this vision statement.

Also, this is not an easy thing to come up with and discuss, and I'm quite
amazed how well we worked together in this process.

sebas