The usage statistics [kactivities, baloo, ktp, plasma]

Ivan Čukić ivan.cukic at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 09:43:11 UTC 2014

> I'm guessing something similar would be an avenue to
> getting it back - KAMD could diff ksycoca scans, or
> react to ksycoca change signals, and slam newly-dis-
> covered apps as CREATED into its db ...?

While I do still think that a 'created' event type would be useful for some
things, I'm not sure I'd like kamd to actually check the sycoca.
Essentially, I'd like kamd not to have anything to do with the event
reporting - just collecting.

Theoretically, it could be easily done with a kamd plugin, I'm just not
sure it is the right place for it.

If there is no other place where the new-app thingie is used, I'd leave it
inside the launcher. But, I am open to be convinced otherwise.

Cheerio,
Ivan