The usage statistics [kactivities, baloo, ktp, plasma]

Eike Hein hein at kde.org
Wed Oct 22 10:31:56 UTC 2014

On 10/22/2014 11:43 AM, Ivan Čukić wrote:
> If there is no other place where the new-app thingie is used, I'd leave
> it inside the launcher. But, I am open to be convinced otherwise.

Hmm well, the thing is that it's a bit similar to all the
arguments for making favorites shared state (which seem to
be winning out, ironically against my reservations :) -
being "new in the menu" is a property of the apps more than
an individual launcher, and we make it easy to switch laun-
chers via Alternatives now, so not losing the data by doing
so would be good. That doesn't necessarily mean that KAMD
needs to be the store for / provider of that shared state,
but it's one of the options on the table ..

> Cheerio,
> Ivan

Cheers,
Eike