Baloo - Not Indexing everything by default

Eike Hein hein at kde.org
Thu Oct 16 12:11:48 UTC 2014

On 16.10.2014 13:20, Vishesh Handa wrote:
> Comments?

I understand the pragmatic motivation behind it, but it seems
like a strange step to me. The idea behind indexing is that you
can find things regardless of location, so you don't need to be
aware of where things are. By making the index selective by
location, you reintroduce that need and subvert the usefulness
of indexing.

I suppose there's an argument to be made for indexing to be
opt-in, though.

Cheers,
Eike