The usage statistics [kactivities, baloo, ktp, plasma]

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 10:29:00 UTC 2014

On Monday 13 October 2014, Ivan Čukić wrote:
>  - Replacing the 'recent documents' with something more meaningful (kinda a
> subset of the previous item)
>  - Tasks applet and launchers could show the list of important (or recent)
> documents opened in a specific application.
>  - ** more advanced ** Deducing which things belong to each other based on
> the fact they have been often used together and similar.

also, once what it can do and can't is explained well, the VDG can go crazy
with ideas for taskbar/launchers

> Vishesh asked for the formula for the scoring - see appendix 1.
>
> Applications that supported this in 4.x were (I'm probably missing a few):
> Dolphin, Gwenview, Calligra (modulo Kexi), Okular, Kate, KWrite and Vim in
> konsole. I have no idea whether the patches remained in Qt5 ports.

could the generic kpart patch that was at some point in kdelibs4 then removed
be in kf5 kparts? would it work with current architecture?

> 4. Reading API
>
> This needs to be designed. I would not be surprised if the API ends up
> being similar to baloo's querying system since it seems we will have quite
> a diverse set of use-cases. Although, it should provide a proper live data
> model for the results.

you want only something very basic or also permitting full sql access?

--
Marco Martin