The usage statistics [kactivities, baloo, ktp, plasma]

Ivan Čukić ivan.cukic at kde.org
Tue Oct 14 10:43:49 UTC 2014

> also, once what it can do and can't is explained well, the VDG can go crazy
> with ideas for taskbar/launchers

+1

> could the generic kpart patch that was at some point in kdelibs4 then
> removed be in kf5 kparts? would it work with current architecture?

I'm guessing it would work. Don't know whether kpart has changed much or not.

> > 4. Reading API
> > ===========

> you want only something very basic or also permitting full sql access?

Depending on the use-cases. I'm guessing we will end up with something close
to sql, but I don't want to actually give the access to write custom queries
to the clients.

That would mean freezing the database schema, or at least keeping it back-
compat.

--
Cheerio,
Ivan