Breeze dark theme white edge outlines

Andrew Lake jamboarder at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 17:19:52 UTC 2014

Thanks for the feedback. Given the collection of responses so far, I'll go
ahead and leave the white outlines as they are.

Regarding duplication of svgs. Yes, the changes I prepared had separate
panel-background, dialog and tooltip svgs specifically for the dark theme.
The main reason is that reflective properties of the edge of the material
changes with color - brighter colors reflect more light, darker colors
reflect less. So where as the Cardboard Grey of the normal Breeze theme
needed a much brighter outline to better represent the quality of the edge,
the dark grey of the breeze dark theme would need a much less bright
outline. The current white outlines that we've grown to like are a happy
accident of the much brighter outline needed for the normal theme. Now,
we'll just say that those outlines are intentional. ;-)

In any event, I think there may be only so much complexity that's worth it
to avoid duplication of svgs. Beyond a certain point a theme of a different
color is, in the end, just a different theme. And these themes are a couple
of drunken grizzly bears to put together as is. :-)

Thanks much for the feedback!
Andrew
[back to visual bug hunting]