Plasma Addons

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Mon May 26 18:48:20 UTC 2014

On Monday 26 May 2014 11:00:32 Martin Gräßlin wrote:
> that was also not my intention. Still we need to rethink how to handle the
> addons. We accepted that the addons became a dumping ground for 3rd party
> plasmoids which then went into unmaintained state. That is something we need
> to address. E.g. by only porting things which have a maintainer. And I
> think we need to first solve those structural problems before starting to
> port the addons.

Oh and then we should post a dot article that is made like those ads from
animal shelters which ask for people to adopt an animal: "Meet Bouncy Ball.
He's a cute little Plasmoid, so full of energy that he likes to bounce around
all day! Sadly, his former owner lost interest in him and unless we find a new
family for him, he will have to be euthanized".
Maybe we'll find some people willing to adopt (= maintain) some Plasmoids they
like. Then if a Plasmoid doesn't find a maintainer, we can kill it and if
people complain we can say "We've asked for someone to maintain it, nobody
stepped up, there's nothing we can do".

I'd volunteer to contribute some descriptions, I think it would be fun ;)