Icons for Paste Bin and Paste

Jens jens at ohyran.se
Fri May 23 11:24:20 UTC 2014

I know that the work with global login is appearently rather
frustrating (as I've heard from you guys) since Google and
Facebook and Twitter all enjoy to swap stuff around making one
method completely useless after a short while.

Marco if you feel like it lets talk more via G+ about this. I posted
about it recently (the Cloudbox thing) and it garnered some
interest... its just that we're all stressed enough at this point with
other things :)

I'll finish the icon thing and then get outside (my husband is free
from work today, the weather is insanely good and I need to get
outside at some point)

On Friday 23 May 2014 13.20.03 Marco Martin wrote:
> btw, we do have an embyonic framework for sharing stuff since a
while,
> it was never really finished or added by default, or marketed in
any way
> mostly for two reasons, we are still waiting for a "global login"
thing to
> be finished (to be logged in system wide to twitter/social web BS
whatever)
> and, there was quite a distinct lack of interest that frustrated me
quite a
> bit.
>
> btw, is Share-like-connect, and is basically a global icon that
appears when
> the current open document/web url or clipboard contents in
whatever
> application is shareable on some service (or could be expanded
to support
> drag and drop from anywhere)
>
> (oh, and i would like to avoid having hundreds of incompatible
> implementations of basically the same thing, as often happens
around here
> :p)
>
> On Friday 23 May 2014, Jens wrote:
> > Oh awesome... TBH I've been thinking of talking to Albert Vaca
and
> > some other guys about doing some unified
"Sharing"/"Cloudbox"
> > thing... and then market the SHIT out of it.
> >
> > (This is waaaay OT but the Pastebin was one of the things that
> > attracted me directly to KDE in the first place. It's such an
> > awesome feature if you work with images all day long AND its
so
> > damn intuitive. Just grab a thing and then drop it there.
Awesome.
> > Anyway we should make a unified thing just to have a killer
feature
> > and then push for it so hard it goes out the other side)

> > images (of

> > not

> > both text

> > Pastebin (the