Icons for Paste Bin and Paste

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Fri May 23 11:20:03 UTC 2014

btw, we do have an embyonic framework for sharing stuff since a while,
it was never really finished or added by default, or marketed in any way
mostly for two reasons, we are still waiting for a "global login" thing to be
finished (to be logged in system wide to twitter/social web BS whatever)
and, there was quite a distinct lack of interest that frustrated me quite a
bit.

btw, is Share-like-connect, and is basically a global icon that appears when
the current open document/web url or clipboard contents in whatever
application is shareable on some service (or could be expanded to support drag
and drop from anywhere)

(oh, and i would like to avoid having hundreds of incompatible implementations
of basically the same thing, as often happens around here :p)

On Friday 23 May 2014, Jens wrote:
> Oh awesome... TBH I've been thinking of talking to Albert Vaca and
> some other guys about doing some unified "Sharing"/"Cloudbox"
> thing... and then market the SHIT out of it.
>
> (This is waaaay OT but the Pastebin was one of the things that
> attracted me directly to KDE in the first place. It's such an
> awesome feature if you work with images all day long AND its so
> damn intuitive. Just grab a thing and then drop it there. Awesome.
> Anyway we should make a unified thing just to have a killer feature
> and then push for it so hard it goes out the other side)
>
> On Friday 23 May 2014 12.19.04 Sebastian Kügler wrote:
>
> images (of

> not

> > > Oh, sorry, I was spewing nonsense. Of course the applet is for
>
> both text
>
> > > and  images. I think the name is quite misleading because
>
> Pastebin (the
>
> > > service) supports only text. Maybe the name should change?
> >
> > The name has already been changed to "Quick Share", IIRC.
> >
> > Cheers,

Marco Martin