Plasma 5 Beta 2 tars

šumski hrvoje.senjan at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 21:34:59 UTC 2014

On Wednesday 11 of June 2014 17:07:04 Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> [CC:ing frameworks-devel, hoping for additional input]
>
> On Friday, June 06, 2014 23:24:50 šumski wrote:

> > > I got that error too in khelpcenter kinfocenter and kio-extras. That's
> > > where I stopped trying to compile this until the tarballs get fixed.
> >
> > Other then these issues present in tarball only (not git), there is an
> > ongoing problem with plasma-desktop which blocks creating proper 32bit
> > packages: http://paste.opensuse.org/25338349
> >
> > build succeeds on 64bit builds. with our daily packages we've just used:
> > sed -i 's|add_subdirectory( dbus )|#add_subdirectory( dbus )|g'
> > kcms/kfontinst/CMakeLists.txt
> > but this cannot go in distributions...
>
> It seems that the #defines in
> frameworks/kdelibs4support/src/kdecore/kde_file.h get mixed up, but I have
> to say I'm not "portability guy" enough to know which defines should
> trigger when. Input is most welcome here...
>
> Hrvoje, Jonathan: Could you perhaps try modifying it there locally, and see
> if the build succeeds then? (Should be enough to make sure the #else /*
> unix */ branch is evaluated, instead of the ones that point the KDE_lstat,
> KDE_stat, etc. to *64 versions.
Unfortunately, we cannot touch the buildhost, only sources which are built
(and i'm running x86_64 OS).
You might be right about kde_file, though seems to be a namespace clash/mixup.
The attached patch resolves the failure here (basically renaming stat method
to statFont)....
Might not be the best way to go forward, but might provide some clues what's
wrong.

Cheers,
Hrvoje