Plasma 5 Beta 2 tars

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Wed Jun 11 15:07:04 UTC 2014

[CC:ing frameworks-devel, hoping for additional input]

On Friday, June 06, 2014 23:24:50 šumski wrote:
> On Friday 06 of June 2014 21:32:48 Eric Hameleers wrote:
> > >
> > > khotkeys also don't build, they have one
> > > ecm_optional_add_subdirectory(doc)
> > > too many ;-)
> > >

> > > Cheers,
> > > Hrvoje
> >
> > I got that error too in khelpcenter kinfocenter and kio-extras. That's
> > where I stopped trying to compile this until the tarballs get fixed.
>
> Other then these issues present in tarball only (not git), there is an
> ongoing problem with plasma-desktop which blocks creating proper 32bit
> packages: http://paste.opensuse.org/25338349
>
> build succeeds on 64bit builds. with our daily packages we've just used:
> sed -i 's|add_subdirectory( dbus )|#add_subdirectory( dbus )|g'
> kcms/kfontinst/CMakeLists.txt
> but this cannot go in distributions...

It seems that the #defines in
frameworks/kdelibs4support/src/kdecore/kde_file.h get mixed up, but I have to
say I'm not "portability guy" enough to know which defines should trigger
when. Input is most welcome here...

Hrvoje, Jonathan: Could you perhaps try modifying it there locally, and see if
the build succeeds then? (Should be enough to make sure the #else /* unix */
branch is evaluated, instead of the ones that point the KDE_lstat, KDE_stat,
etc. to *64 versions.

sebas