Runners KCM

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Fri Jul 4 19:02:30 UTC 2014

On Friday 04 July 2014 12:14:19 Andres Silva wrote:
> Here you go!
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/jx93ffrpsfl1ap4/SystemSettings-SearchConfiguration
> .png
>
> I thought of all the extra buttons that each plugin has and I thought
> that it needed to be trimmed and organized a bit. The current selection
> shows icons next to each item, whereas this design does not. However, I
> can see that being there, just not the current icons since they are from
> another era. I hope the idea here is understood.

Awesome as always!
One thing I was thinking of: Would it make sense to just show the config icons
when hovering over a plugin (like Plasma-NM does with connections)? That could
allow us to show even multiple icons per plugin without cluttering the UI.

The user interface options won't be there for now, if I understood the other
mails in this thread correctly.

However, Vishesh would also like to put the configuration of the shortcut for
KRunner in the KCM (which makes sense to me). Could you include that in your
mockup, too? That would be great!