Runners KCM

Andres Silva anditosan1000 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 4 18:14:19 UTC 2014

Hans Chen wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 3, 2014 at 6:57 PM, Andy anditosan <anditosan1000 at gmail.com
> <mailto:anditosan1000 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Maybe what can be done here is to make the wrench still show in the
>     krunner app but this time, it will open the kcm from within syse
>     instead. I am working on a design for that right now that I will show
>     you soon.
>

> That sounds like a really good solution to me!
>
>     On Thu, Jul 3, 2014 at 12:18 PM, Marco Martin <notmart at gmail.com
>     <mailto:notmart at gmail.com>> wrote:
>      > On Thursday 03 July 2014, Thomas Pfeiffer wrote:
>      >> On Monday 30 June 2014 11:25:09 Hans Chen wrote:
>      >> > Ah yes, just included it to have a complete list of widgets in
>     the KCM. I
>      >> > have no problems with the list in the screenshot.
>      >>
>      >> I just noticed that in 4.X, the KRunner config had a second tab
>     "User
>      >> Interface" which allowed to change the positioning to "free
>     floating" and
>      >> the style to "Task Oriented". What about those options?
>      >
>      > task oriented is removed.
>      > in the future however by changing the global "look and feel"
>     package, will be
>      > possible to give krunner too a different ui.
>      >
>      > the free floating option is supported by the configuration file
>     and works, but
>      > since is not tested that much, would be fine too if it stays an
>     hidden option
>      > until 5.1, I'm fine both if is decided to postpone or to rush in
>     a checkbox
>      > more.
>      >
>      >
>      > --
>      > Marco Martin
>      > Plasma-devel mailing list
>      > Plasma-devel at kde.org <mailto:Plasma-devel at kde.org>
>

>     --
>     Andy (anditosan)

Here you go!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jx93ffrpsfl1ap4/SystemSettings-SearchConfiguration.png

I thought of all the extra buttons that each plugin has and I thought
that it needed to be trimmed and organized a bit. The current selection
shows icons next to each item, whereas this design does not. However, I
can see that being there, just not the current icons since they are from
another era. I hope the idea here is understood.