Error(Cmake) while building PMC

Shantanu Tushar Jha shaan7in at gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 15:34:20 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 7:57 PM, R.Harish Navnit <harishnavnit at gmail.com>wrote:

> omg! You got some stuff messed up. It is weird why you have Qt5
>> development headers installed, do you remember installing it?
>>

> Yes , it sure looks messed up ! I remember installing a lot of packages
> while building digikam(which also failed :( ) I think that could be the
> reason behind this. Is there anything that can be done now ?
>

>> I'm asking this because compiling PMC from source is a piece of cake and
>> unless there is something screwed up, you shouldn't me having so many
>> issues.
>>

> I also felt this would be realatively easier when I first saw Sinny's blog
> .
>

>> To make sure I just created a VM with kubuntu 13.10 and followed the
>> build instructions and it works perfect without any issue whatsoever.
>>

> I do have Kubuntu 12.04 LTS installed in Vbox , but that gives errors like
> an Old cmake version and nepomuk-core-dev .

If its not too much pain, can you create a new VM for 13.10 and try
building PMC before doing anything else?

> Is there anything else that can be done with the LTS versions ? I for some
> reason seem to have a strong liking with the "LTS" versions (probably
> because of the name itself :P )

Get over with then, its not very useful running such a old version for
development. LTS is for companies who have to maintain critical
applications that need to be stable over a long time. There is just no
point using LTS for development, (also I think its just marketing).