plasma workspace integration for akonadi

Martin Klapetek martin.klapetek at gmail.com
Sat Feb 8 05:46:35 UTC 2014

On Sat, Feb 8, 2014 at 6:38 AM, Heena Mahour <heena393 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Re implementation of lion mail is required in any case .
> It is currently using data engine which is not the required tool as it
> should use models throughout and all is based on QGraphicsView .

DataEngines are just fine for Plasma Next, actually even the clock applet
is directly using a DataEngine. There was an architectual change in teh DEs
that makes them use models, but they are still fully supported option.

> It is architecturally broken and not yet finished as was suggested by
> Sebas .
> So , it would be a nice idea for that I think .

Remember that GSoC is about 3 months of full-time (payed) work, porting
one-two plasmoids can be a couple weekends project at most...

Cheers
--
Martin Klapetek | KDE Developer