Qt Quick Controls style

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Thu Apr 24 10:12:38 UTC 2014

Awesome!

I'm not quite sure what you see the plan long term is with regards to
all the different widget methods. I want to make sure everyone on this
list is on the same page, as some options are possibly controversial.

Is the plan to make a QStyle theme that matches this pixel for pixel
then apps will look the same despite which tech they happen to be
using (and having a proper theme will work better and faster than the
QtQuickControlsDesktop theme).

Or is the vision to long term drop PlasmaComponents and replace it with this.
Personally I would really support this, it's the way forwards long
term; out of the two QtQuickControls is a lot stronger in almost every
regard and end code more portable.

Or are we trying to do both and unify the feel of workspace and apps?

David