Qt Quick Controls style

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Thu Apr 24 10:21:25 UTC 2014

On Thu, Apr 24, 2014 at 12:12 PM, David Edmundson <
david at davidedmundson.co.uk> wrote:

> Awesome!
>
> I'm not quite sure what you see the plan long term is with regards to
> all the different widget methods. I want to make sure everyone on this
> list is on the same page, as some options are possibly controversial.
>
> Is the plan to make a QStyle theme that matches this pixel for pixel
> then apps will look the same despite which tech they happen to be
> using (and having a proper theme will work better and faster than the
> QtQuickControlsDesktop theme).
>
> Or is the vision to long term drop PlasmaComponents and replace it with
> this.
> Personally I would really support this, it's the way forwards long
> term; out of the two QtQuickControls is a lot stronger in almost every
> regard and end code more portable.
>
> Or are we trying to do both and unify the feel of workspace and apps?
>
> David

I think that the actual discussion here is what should we do with Plasma
own theming system.

We used to have only QStyle, then we created a thing because QML didn't
offer an alternative and now we have QtQuick Controls, PlasmaTheme and
QStyle.

Agreeing to implement PlasmaComponents in QtQuick Controls terms (that
already unifies QStyle), would be a good step forward, I think.

Aleix