kill the systray?

Martin Graesslin mgraesslin at kde.org
Tue Sep 24 19:29:41 UTC 2013

On Tuesday 24 September 2013 20:48:23 Kevin Krammer wrote:
> On Tuesday, 2013-09-24, Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> > * Qt5 doesn't seem to have the API we need to do our xembed tricks
> > anymore,
> >
> >   especially QX11EmbedContainer is gone. If we even get it to work under
> >
> > X11, it seems entirely futile to expect this to be feasible in a Wayland
> > world.
>
> I think QWindow::fromWinId(), added in Qt5.1, is the respective replacement.
> The XCB QPA plugin, for example, supports that (the capabiliy is called
> ForeignWindows).
I just wanted to reply that it's for something else (thought it only reparents
to the window without implementing the protocol), then started to read the
code and yes it looks like xembed is supported by the xcb implementation of
QWindow.

QWindow *foreign = QWindow::fromWinId(idOfForeignWindow);
foreign->setParent(idOfOurQQuickWindow);

should do the trick.

Cheers
Martin