kill the systray?

Kevin Krammer krammer at kde.org
Tue Sep 24 18:48:23 UTC 2013

On Tuesday, 2013-09-24, Sebastian Kügler wrote:

> * Qt5 doesn't seem to have the API we need to do our xembed tricks anymore,
>   especially QX11EmbedContainer is gone. If we even get it to work under
> X11, it seems entirely futile to expect this to be feasible in a Wayland
> world.

I think QWindow::fromWinId(), added in Qt5.1, is the respective replacement.
The XCB QPA plugin, for example, supports that (the capabiliy is called
ForeignWindows).

Cheers,
Kevin

P.S.: there was a discussion on the LXDE list about supporting statusnotifier
items in their tray/panel as well.
KDE user support, developer mentoring