4.11 is out .. kde-workspace to qt5?

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon Sep 16 16:28:15 UTC 2013

On Monday, September 16, 2013 16:39:09 Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> I think this should not only affect kde-workspace, but also kde-runtime and
> kdeplasma-addons. Objections to applying the same procedure here? (They both

i object to touching either repository at this point:

* kde-runtime: we should require nothing from kde-runtime in Plasma 2; that
means we don’t need to touch it. everything should go either into plasma-
framework or into kde-workspace

*  kdeplasma-addons: until we have kde-workspace sorted, i don’t think it
makes any sense to extend the reach of this to kdeplasma-addons. let people
who work on those non-essential addons to do so on the 4.x codebase. once kde-
workspace is fully sorted out, then we can move on to dealing with kdeplasma-
addons. i actually expect that kdeplasma-addons will disappear entirely as a
natural result of rethinking what we do in kde-workspace.